Well known Scottish actress who lived in the United States for a long time. Gordon specialised in portraying housekeepers and mothers, most notably the landlady Mrs. Hudson in the Sherlock Holmes series. She appeared in almost 300 films between 1925 and 1950.
Played Mrs Hudson in:
- The Paradol Chamber
- The Tell Tale Pigeon Feathers
- The Eyes of Mr. Leyton
- The Night Before Christmas
- The Headless Monk
British stage actor Frederick Worlock came to Hollywood in 1938. During the war years, he played many professorial roles, some benign and some villainous. Worlock was a semi-regular in Universal's Sherlock Holmes series, and appeared in 81 films and 37 television series/shows. His final role was a voice-over in the Disney's 101 Dalmatians.
- General Sir Stanley in Morris Flanders Fields
- Prof. Evan Whitnall in The Case of the Out of Date Murder
- Hugh Boone / Neville St. Clair in The Man With The Twisted Lip
- Insp. Lestrade / Peregrine Irvine in The Strange Case of the Uneasy Easy Chair
- Geoffrey Norton in A Scandal in Bohemia
- Quilter / Davis, Quilter's gardener in The Baconian Cipher
- Sir Henry in The Girl With The Gazelle
British character actor Rex Evans came to Broadway in the 1930s. After making a strong impression as the family butler in The Philadelphia Story, he found himself typecast as a dignified manservant. Occasionally he broke this stereotype by adopting a moustache and playing such roles as the grumpy landlord in Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, and the leader of a trio of villains trying to assassinate a king in Pursuit to Algiers.
- Mycroft Holmes in The Great Gandolfo
- Col. Sebastian Moran in The Tankerville Club
- Mycroft Holmes in The Tell Tale Pigeon Feathers
American actor, primarily in radio from the 1930s through the 1950s, and appeared in scores of programs from radio's Golden Age, such as Suspense and the Lux Radio Theatre. Merrill was a versatile voice actor who could play everything from heavies to comic roles, excelling at dialects.
- Colonel Warburton in Colonel Warburton's Madness
- Railway porter in Colonel Warburton's Madness
A piano prodigy, Norma Varden studied in Paris and appeared in concert in England as a teenager. As well as a radio actor, Varden played the Von Trapps' housekeeper in The Sound Of Music.
- Mrs. Olive Tredgold in The Guileless Gypsy
- Mrs. Mary Watson in Colonel Warburton's Madness
American voice actor and character actor, with a four-octave voice range. Frees was a prolific performer, and in one role he provided much of the falsetto voice for Tony Curtis' female character Josephine in Some Like It Hot.
- Thomas the butler in The Case of the Limping Ghost
- Dr. Hendricks in The Tell Tale Pigeon Feathers
Radio actor who made occasional films, but only received a screen credit in two films - one role as as the sailor who tries to play the piano and ends up cutting his hand in Sherlock Holmes Faces Death.
Dr. Watson in The Terrifying Cats
- Major Arthur Tredgold in The Guileless Gypsy
- Hacker in Colonel Warburton's Madness
- Inspector Gregson in The Strange Case of the Demon Barber
Once played Marley's Ghost in Rathbone's first recording of “A Christmas Carol”, and starred in a 1947 radio adaptation of Kipling's “The Man Who Would Be King”.
- Captain Maxwell in In Flanders Fields
- Hargraves the butler in The Night Before Christmas
- Dr. MacDonald in The Disappearing Scientists
- Trevors the butler in The Strange Adventure of the Uneasy Easy Chair
Theodore von Eltz
Von Eltz was silent screen lead and a polished radio actor who matured into a dark and dashingly handsome film actor. At the advent of sound, Von Eltz was comfortably playing character parts and was often called on to play a menacing supporting role. By the late 1930's his billing had fallen to the point he was often uncredited, but he did have a small but integral role in the classic film noir The Big Sleep.
- Dr. Grimsby Roylott in The Speckled Band
- Graf Otto Von Hendelstein in The Manor House Case
- Jasper Hearn in The Guileless Gypsy
- King of Bohemia in A Scandal in Bohemia
Ellis started in Hollywood as an actor and writer, and counted episodes of Escape in his extensive writing career. He also directed Escape episodes and later directed Romance, Suspense, The CBS Radio Workshop, and Frontier Gentleman.
- Irish painter in The Book of Tobit
- Prof. Jean Boulain in the Disappearing Scientists
- Carlton Hotel porter in The Girl With the Gazelle